Director of Planning
This position is responsible for developing and analyzing transit service planning, scheduling, capital planning, data reporting and analysis, improvements and innovative projects for near-term and intermediate range service plans using traditional transit service delivery options.
• Familiar with local, state, federal laws and regulations governing public transit system operations and transportation grant funding.
• Knowledgeable in modern transit system operating principles and practices.
• Experience working with ArcGIS and Microsoft Office. Prefer experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Remix planning software, DoubleMap CAD software and TransLoc Architect.
• Experience in grant writing.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills to interpret complex Excel datasets.
• Must have excellent communication skills, oral and written, strong analytical skills, and understanding of service cost and budget impacts.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Topeka Metro staff, members of state/federal agencies, local government, and the general public.
• Proficient with statistical principles and survey techniques.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data regarding ridership, demographics, traffic surveys, maps, costs, and revenues.
• Proficiency in quality assurance methods used in schedule production.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in the analysis and solution of complex route and schedule problems, using logical reasoning and prudent judgment.
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in urban planning, transportation, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Two years of experience in transportation planning, public transit operations, or closely related field.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Topeka Metro offers great benefits and KPERS. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to:
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
Public Transit Bus Operators
Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community!
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for full-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
• Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
• Demonstrate a professional, pleasant, and helpful demeanor towards the public.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, fare structures, and work with all bus technology.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts Monday-Saturday.
• Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
• Steady work history with previous experience.
• Must maintain an excellent driving record.
• 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug-Free Workplace and EOE.
Full-time starting pay after two-weeks of training: $17.53/hr.
6 months: $18.62/hr.
12 months: $19.72/hr.
18 months: $20.81/hr.
24 months: $21.91/hr.